Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Welcome & Introduction !

Dears,

Although I am not new to the fascinating world of the internet, I am however a newbie to the world of blogging. Thanks to Mr. Basant Kumar, my friend and colleague at McAfee for initiating me into the world of blogging. Here I am !

I do not know who will come and read my blogs although I invite everyone to read and comment. I do not claim to be an expert in any subject although many subjects interest me. I propose to use my blog space to write and share my opinion about many things that interest me in life.
Particularly, I plan on writing about topics such as below:
  1. My own upbringing : Humbly put, I feel thrilled and often inspired by my own life story. It's been a great journey, thus far!, with so many great souls touching and shaping my personality.
  2. My views on doing IT, ITES in India : It's now close to 20 years since I started my career in this richly rewarding software industry. It's been amazing to observe how once a humble "T&M (body shopping)" IT companies in India have grown to be among the top 10 IT companies in the world! Would anyone believe me if I said there was a time when software engineers in a Wipro office outnumbered the chairs available to sit on! Chairs were in short supply and we used to write our names on them and tie them to our tables to discourage others from dragging them to, say, meeting rooms! More such stories later.
  3. My views on geo-politico-economic movements, as applied to #2 : As an MBA in international finance, I love number crunching and analyzing things.
  4. Software manager : I have had some credible success as a manager in the software industry, especially among "captive" product development organizations in Bangalore.
  5. Rural India, alternative health care, rural energy sources, non-formal education, etc: my roots are in Basavapatna, a remote village in southern Kartaka. So, my passion is village and village development
  6. Volunteering, social service, Sanskrit and a bit of philosophy : my free time occupations
  7. And, lastly, what am I reading these days?

With that, I request you all to visit my space when you have time. And, help me grow wiser with your input.

I end my intro page with a famous quote from the Vedas : "aano bhadraah kratavo yantu vishwatah" {let noble thoughts come to us from around the world}.

Yours,
prasanna

1 comment:

Kusha said...

Good Article.... All the best